Community Emergency Food Service
Providing EMERGENCY food assistance
Hours of Operation
Weekly on Wednesday's 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m
CLOSED FOR EASTER WEEKEND ON SAT. APRIL 8TH
2nd Saturday of each month 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Please come early as some food items are in short supply.
WATCH THE WEATHER, PLEASE DO NOT COME to the center if the National Weather Service has issued A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING or A TORNADO WARNING, THE CENTER WILL BE CLOSED. All clients and volunteers will be expected to leave the property immediately in case of warnings or lightning in the area due to outdoor operations. During the heat clients are encouraged to wait in their vehicles to stay cool.
FOOD DISTRIBUTION PROCEDURE
All clients are asked to observe the following:
1. Upon arrival park in the lot in a marked parking stall on the North side of the building.
2. Clients wait in line at the door. Clients will be admitted in small groups and asked for an identification and for some family information as required by the Kansas Food Bank. Clients will use the waiting room to check in and fill out their shopping lists. New clients will receive an orientaion session by staff. Face coverings are optional.
3. Clients will fill out a shopping list provided to them which will have the total food points they can spend. Clients will receive a pickup number when they turn in their completed shopping list.
4. Clients will return to their vehicles and proceed to the loading zone on High street while Center staff fill the shopping list. Food will be brought out to the pickup table. Listen for your number to be announced.
5. Clients will go to the pickup table to get their food after their pickup number is announced.
As approved at the March 1st, 2022 Board Meeting. Updated 7/23/22.
Clients turn in completed shopping list at walk-up window.
Westside Good Neighbor Center - Food Pantry Location
All must eat to live and nourish one another.
67203 Wichita , KS
Westside Good Neighbor Center – Call for Volunteers
Volunteers are encouraged to consider serving the needy on the second Saturday morning of each month from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. as the center begins new expanded hours of operation. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older, or 14 if accompanied by a parent or guardian. Volunteers are needed to check-in clients and enter data in the computer, counsel clients, mark and stock shelves, help clients select food items, and check out clients. Some types of duties may require lifting food boxes, use of a two wheel cart to move frozen food from outdoor freezer to indoor freezers. Opportunities also exist to help unload the truck on Friday prior to Saturday opening. For more information, please contact Polly Hurst at 316-993-0431.